25 jul 2011

The Kinks - This Time Tomorrow





This time tomorrow, where will we be / on a spaceship somewhere, / sailing across an empty sea. / This time tomorrow, what will we know / will we still be here watching / an in-flight movie show. / I’ll leave the sun behind me / and I watch the clouds as they sadly pass me by. / Seven miles below me,  / I can see the world and it ain’t so big at all. // This time tomorrow what will we see / fields full of houses, / endless rows of crowded streets. / I don’t know where I’m going, / I don’t want to see, / I feel the world below me looking up, / looking at me. // Leave the sun behind me, / and I watch the clouds as they sadly pass me by. / And I’m in perpetual motion / and the world below doesn’t matter much to me. /

A esta hora mañana, dónde estaremos / en una nave espacial en algún lado, / navegando a través de un mar vacío. / A esta hora mañana, qué sabremos / seguiremos aquí mirando / la película que dan en el vuelo // Dejo el sol detrás y veo / cómo las nubes me pasan de largo. / Siete millas debajo mío, / puedo ver el mundo y no es tan grande después de todo / A esta hora mañana, qué veremos, / campos llenos de casas, / interminables filas de calles abarrotadas. / No se adónde voy / no quiero ver, / siento al mundo debajo, alzando la vista, / mirándome // Dejo el sol detrás y veo / cómo las nubes me pasan tristemente de largo. / Y estoy en movimiento perpetuo / y el mundo de abajo no significa mucho para mí.